Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Welcome to First Grade!

We have had an awesome start this year.  I want to thank you all for being so patient as I was out the last 3 days.  I am back and I missed the students so much.  I will update this blog each week with our objectives for the week and homework.  I have enjoyed getting to know your children.

Language Arts:
We will read Sam Come Back!
We will learn the short a sound
Essential Questions:
What words can be made with this week's sound?
What is the story all about?
Who are the characters?
Why did the author write this story?

Spelling Words:
am    
cat
at
dad
mad
bat
ran
can
sack
back
and
of

Math:
We will review numbers and patterns
Essential Question:
How do pictures show adding to?
What hapens when you add zero to a number?
What is a pattern?

Social Science:
All About Me
Essential Questions:
Why is your family special?
What is a community?

Your child may bring a small toy to share on Fridays for our share time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment